Echoing chars and input functions

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Fri Aug 26 00:31:47 AEST 1988

In article <5758 at rpp386.UUCP>, jfh at rpp386.UUCP (The Beach Bum) writes:
> In article <1342 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >	(2) Provide an emulation of ioctl() or sgtty().

> this is the best way to handle messy-dos that i've seen yet.  if
> it could be limited to the console it might even work ;-).

I believe Manx for MS-DOS does this, by having it use different system
calls depending on what the value of the ECHO flag is. It doesn't have
a complete emulation of struct termio, just a few flags.

I'd hate to try to get ksh running under Lightspeed. I hate to think
of what struct _iob looks like :->.
--
Peter da Silva  `-_-'  Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
"Have you hugged  U  your wolf today?"     sugar.uu.net!ficc!peter.