Echoing chars and input functions

Frank Swarbrick swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Thu Aug 18 13:55:11 AEST 1988

In article <8349 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>In article <8808160751.aa03016 at SMOKE.BRL.MIL> dsill at NSWC-OAS.ARPA (Dave Sill) writes:
>>What, then, is the portable way to input a character from standard input,
>>echoing the character to the screen when necessary?
>
>We already answered that!  It's
>	c = getchar();

I could have sworn someone said their compiler did not echo the character when
they used this.  Did I misunderstand someone, or is their compiler just
non-conformant (broken)?

Frank Swarbrick (and, yes, the net.cat)           swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
...!{ncar|nbires}!boulder!tramp!swarbric
"Quick to judge, quick to anger -- slow to understand;
 Ignorance and prejudice -- and fear walk hand in hand."  --Rush