Need C language Description

Brian T. Schellenberger bts at sas.UUCP
Sat Aug 6 10:31:53 AEST 1988

In article <1104 at garth.UUCP> smryan at garth.UUCP (Steven Ryan) writes:
|>                                                       However, he needs
|>a formal language description of C, and so far neither one of us have been
|>able to find one.
|
|You can get a language description out of K+R, but forget about a formal
|definition unless you want to do it yourself.

Well, H&S has a good formal BNF grammar (which I have used).  As for
semantics, I'd recommend ANSI.  It's close enough to finished to be
relavent, and it's the only formal (even if it is English-like) semantic
description I've ever seen of C.

H&S = "Harbison & Steele"  Available at local bookstores.
--
  the man from              |Brian T. Schellenberger   ...!mcnc!rti!sas!bts