alloca(), #if, and other controversial things...

der Mouse mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Tue Aug 23 19:16:33 AEST 1988

In article <355 at sdrc.UUCP>, scjones at sdrc.UUCP (Larry Jones) writes:
> Just to confuse the discussion further, what about machines /
> operating systems which do not have a stack?

I would expect an implementation of C on such a machine to provide a
stack, implemented in software to the extent that it isn't supported by
the hardware.  Not that it must, of course; I can imagine a C compiler
for a Lisp Machine which doesn't put automatics on the stack.  But I
would be somewhat surprised to find one that didn't.

					der Mouse

			old: mcgill-vision!mouse
			new: mouse at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu