Echoing chars and input functions

Chuck Karish karish at denali.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 20 11:25:50 AEST 1988

In article <64974 at sun.uucp> swilson at sun.UUCP (Scott Wilson) writes:
[ Lightspeed C on the Macintosh doesn't echo what's read by getchar() ]

>BTW, I do realize that LSC does allow input that is echoed by way of the
>gethce() function, but that isn't exactly portable.

OK, so stick a call to getce() into a Mac-dependent fubction or macro,
and call that function whenever you want this echoing behavior.
Whenever you port to another environment, write another
environment-specific interface routine.  The main body of your code
will then be portable.

Chuck Karish	ARPA:	karish at denali.stanford.edu
		BITNET:	karish%denali at forsythe.stanford.edu
		UUCP:	{decvax,hplabs!hpda}!mindcrf!karish
		USPS:	1825 California St. #5   Mountain View, CA 94041