VMS C & records in files

Rick Ward ward at eplrx7.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 01:52:25 AEST 1988

[ article about difficulties with reading records in C on VMS ]

On a related note, why couldn't Digital have made it easier to call system
functions from C.  This difficulty alone makes C unusable on VMS, at least
in my opinion :(.  The problem is that you have to allocate and build
structures describing each variable you want to pass to a system routine.
YUCK!

Rick
--
    Rick Ward                         |        E.I. Dupont Co.
    uunet!eplrx7!ward                 |        Engineering Physics Lab