Need C language Description

NFS 3C501 markg at dbase.UUCP
Wed Aug 3 02:40:03 AEST 1988

In article <12707 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU>, cotner at bosco.berkeley.edu writes:
> A friend of mine would like to write a small C compiler for a project.
> (The rest of the class are writing Pascal compilers).  However, he needs
> a formal language description of C, and so far neither one of us have been
> able to find one.

A more complete description of the C language is the ANSI C Standard.  It is
currently available only in draft form.  I'm not sure where to get hold of it.
You might try ANSI (American National Standards Institute) located in New
York City somewhere or other on Broadway in Manhattan.  They do not distribute
draft versions of standards but could tell you who does distribute it.