Oddities in ANSI 3rd review

Guy Harris guy at gorodish.Sun.COM
Fri Aug 5 05:48:20 AEST 1988

> Unfortunately, there's no way to have unnamed fillers that aren't bit-fields,
> so there's no way I can see of doing this without polluting your namespace...

Make that "no clean, portable way I can see of doing this...".  Yes, you can,
in any given implementation, stick in an unnamed bit field that happens to be
the same size as the structure member that you're trying to render anonymous,
but you'd have to tweak the size of the bit field in different implementations.