Execution profiling - CODE COVERAGE

T. William Wells bill at proxftl.UUCP
Mon Aug 29 17:47:38 AEST 1988

In article <10147 at reed.UUCP> mdr at reed.UUCP (Mike Rutenberg) writes:
: I'm interested in finding a code coverage tool which
: will let me know (ideally in terms of C constructs,
: but assembler is fine) what portions of my program
: has not been executed during a run.  Does anyone know
: of such beasts (ideally running under unix)?

There is a utility, tcov, that does *exactly* what you want.  It
was created, so the documentation claims, for just that purpose.
I have it on our Sun; I do not know what other systems it is
available on.

---
Bill
novavax!proxftl!bill