QuickC

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Mon Aug 29 20:51:29 AEST 1988

In article <8808261424.AA11504 at ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> TURGUT at TREARN.BITNET (Turgut Kalfaoglu) writes:

>The other day, I was struggling with QuickC - a very simply problem,
>but really intriguing. Let me know if you can interpret this:
>
>[... examples pertaining to square() returning a correct value even tho' it
>(a) has no return statement or (b) has a dummy return value. ...]

My guess is that there is a QuickC library routine called square() which
is being loaded before your routine, and thus called in lieu of yours.
Another answer might be a #define somewhere, like:

#define square(x)	((x)*(x))

Is there any loader/linker warning message about multiply-defined square() ?

Dave Hammond
  UUCP: {uunet|...}!masa.com!{dsix2|marob}!daveh
DOMAIN: dsix2!daveh at masa.com