Double inderection question

Frank Swarbrick swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Fri Aug 5 15:55:11 AEST 1988

This stuff is all so confusing, but anyway...  In Turbo C it seems (or
maybe not) that the address of an array is the same as the array.  ie

&array == array

whereas that is not true for a normal pointer.  The address of a pointer
is something, and the pointer at that address points to another address.
Hmm, doesn't sound like it makes much sense, but it does to me.  Of course
you cannot tell an array to point at anywhere but itself.  Hmm, I really
wish I could be clearer about this.  I'll try to do a little more thinking
and then post something later.

Frank Swarbrick (and, yes, the net.cat)           swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
...!{ncar|nbires}!boulder!tramp!swarbric
"Some people think they're gonna die some day.
 I got news, ya never got ta go."    --Ted Nugent