Single precision math in C

bradb at ai.toronto.edu bradb at ai.toronto.edu
Sun Dec 11 04:58:29 AEST 1988

I am looking for more or less portable ways to get C compilers to perform
floating point math for intrinsic functions like *, /, etc.  In my case,
I write code that runs on IBM ATs with Microsoft C 5.1 and Turbo C 2.0.
Because some of the machines that I run on have no floating point processor,
it is useful to be able to force single-precision math for speed.

Is there a reasonably portable way to do what I want?  I would like to
make sure that I can recompile my programs on (at least) Sun 4s running
SunOS 4.0.

Thanks in advance...

					(-:  Brads  :-)
					bradb at ai.toronto.edu