GROK THIS!!

Bob F. Breedlove bfbreedl at sactoh0.UUCP
Sat Dec 3 01:28:22 AEST 1988

In article <1803 at scolex>, brianm at sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:
> In article <767 at quintus.UUCP> ok at quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
> >
> >To quote the book "'grok' means 'drink'".  (Hence "absorb completely".)
>
> Any way, this topiuc doesn't really belong in this group
> anymore.

It seems to me that the series of messages discussing the origin of
this term have missed a more important point -- what is such an
obscure term doing in a message in the first place? Error and
informative messages SHOULD NOT require several hundred (?)
messages to clarify their meaning. Imaging if this had been an
ERROR message!

--
Bob Breedlove  SYSOP: BOBsBBS (916/929-7511)
        pacbell!sactoh0!bfbreedl