Is malloc() or calloc() "better"?

Stanislaw L. Olejniczak slores%gables.span at umigw.miami.edu
Fri Dec 30 20:31:58 AEST 1988

It seems to me that most programmers, in giving examples here, use malloc()
instead of calloc().  It seems to me that, with the headache I always get
thinking of C strings, calloc would be a more common procedure.  Would someone
please enlighten me why is malloc so much more popular?
----
Wishing you Joyful Holidays and a Happy New Year!
Stan Olejniczak           Internet:   slores%gables.span at umigw.miami.edu
University of Miami       UUCP:       {uunet!gould}!umbio!solejni
Miami, Florida, USA       Voice:      (305)-547-6005
My opinions cannot possibly represent the views of anyone else!