Assembly or ....ok

Mark W. Eichin eichin at athena.mit.edu
Sun Dec 18 12:05:16 AEST 1988

Mike Knudsen <att!ihlpl!knudsen> typed <8215 at ihlpl.ATT.COM>:
>>Of course if the origianl 8086 assembly source was well laid out
>>and documented, porting to another assembler is a lot easier than
>>writing from scratch.

I used to run SubLogic Flight Simulator I on the TRS-80 Model I and
III, as well as the Apple II. I'd be *very* surprised to find that the
porting base was the 8086 assembler code, since I don't believe the
chip was available at the time (I have a very low serial numbered
Model I :-).  Perhaps <carroll at s.cs.uiuc.edu> can enlighten us, having
worked there?

				Mark Eichin
			<eichin at athena.mit.edu>
		SIPB Member & Project Athena ``Watchmaker''