down

Knudsen knudsen at ihlpl.ATT.COM
Thu Dec 15 03:16:44 AEST 1988

In article <349 at greens.UUCP>, matthew at sunpix.UUCP ( Sun NCAA) writes:
> (Before closing, there is one logic flaw in your scrap of code. '(c == '\n')'
> does not have to evaluate to an integer 1. It must only be a non-zero value if
> true.)

Hey!  Didn't we just finish the perennial discussion of whether C
uses integer 1 for TRUE boolean expressions, or just some
non-zero value?  The conclusion was (and was the last time)
that Boolean expressions, when required to cough up a value
(as opposed to just switching control in IF statements)
do indeed return exactly 1 for TRUE.

In fact, Moses K. and Jesus R. said so.
--
Mike Knudsen  Bell Labs(AT&T)   att!ihlpl!knudsen
"Lawyers are like nuclear bombs and PClones.  Nobody likes them,