Standard indentation?

Ray Lubinsky rwl at uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU
Wed Dec 14 01:48:14 AEST 1988

In article <6580 at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU>, cquenel at polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Chris (i = --i++;) Quenelle) writes:
> In article <641 at htsa.uucp> fransvo at htsa.UUCP (Frans van Otten) writes:
> >
> >#define then    /*  as white space; see below  */
> >
> >	if (a > 10)
> >	  then putchar('1');
> >	  else putchar('2');
>
> Bravo!!    Me Too!!
> whenever the statements are blocks, I omit the then, though.
> I vote strongly for this.  The symmetry scans very easily for me.

Hey!  Why is this posted to comp.lang.c rather than
comp.lang.some-language-I-invented-yesterday-cause-its-neato?

Seriously, folks, having to wade through ad hoc "dialects" like this makes a
C programmer's stomach churn.  Source code is a medium of communication to
other programmers as well as your future self when you have to maintain that
code.  Offbeat dialects involving fake keywords just stand in the way of
comprehension.

(There, I feel better :-)

--
| Ray Lubinsky,                    UUCP:      ...!uunet!virginia!uvacs!rwl    |
| Department of                    BITNET:    rwl8y at virginia                  |