how widespread is this cpp bug?

Dave Haynie daveh at cbmvax.UUCP
Sat Dec 3 04:48:16 AEST 1988

in article <49179 at pyramid.pyramid.com>, markhall at pyramid.pyramid.com (Mark Hall) says:

> 	#include <stdio.h>
> 	main() {
> 		prin/* comment in the middle */tf ( "Hello World.\n" );
> 	}

[...]

> Does your cpp have this `feature'?  Anyone know the history?  I
> suspect that AT&T and SUN know about this, but have chosen not to fix it.

I found it to be present on two Amiga compilers, Manx V3.6a and Lattice
C++ V1.0 (which is based on AT&T's cfront V1.1a, though the cpp program
itself could be based on Lattice's or AT&T's, that's not made clear in
the documentation).

--
Dave Haynie  "The 32 Bit Guy"     Commodore-Amiga  "The Crew That Never Rests"
   {uunet|pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!daveh      PLINK: D-DAVE H     BIX: hazy