Standard indentation?

Usenet file owner usenet at cps3xx.UUCP
Tue Dec 6 22:54:48 AEST 1988

in article <NELSON.88Dec5142722 at sun.soe.clarkson.edu>, nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) says:

> I know, this is a religious question.  However, I would like to know if
> anyone has codified a standard for indentation of C programs?

Last place I worked I drew up an informal internal C coding standard.
So, I'm sure there are plenty of internal coding standars that address.

K&R exhibits a consistent style, although they never really discuss it
in depth.

The closest I've seen to a "code"ified ;-) standard is GNU Emacs' C-mode
and description in the manual.

John H. Lawitzke      UUCP: ...rutgers!mailrus!frith!fciiho!jhl
Michigan Farm Bureau        ...decvax!purdue!mailrus!frith!fciiho!jhl
Insurance Group             ...uunet!frith!jhl
"What?!? Real computing at an insurance company?!? AND in Michigan!?!"