Style wars

Bruce Becker bdb at becker.UUCP
Sat Dec 31 04:04:59 AEST 1988

In article <83297 at sun.uucp> swilson at sun.UUCP (Scott Wilson) writes:
+-----------------------
| In article <18621 at agate.BERKELEY.EDU> bks at ALFA.berkeley.edu (Brad Sherman) writes:
| >      "Hobgoblins have the consistency of small minds."
|
| I believe the quote you're looking for is:
|
| 	"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
|
| Attributed to Emerson's Self-Reliance and recently featured in Reebok
| commercials.  (No, I didn't know where it came from, Bartlett's Book of
| Quotes comes in handy.)
|
| Scott Wilson		arpa: swilson at sun.com
| Sun Microsystems	uucp: ...!sun!swilson
| Mt. View, CA
+-----------------------

	Let's get it straight once and for all please. The
	One True Quote is:

	"A foolish mind is the consistency of little hobgoblins."

	which is attributed to Gulliver.

Giggle,
--
   _  _/\	Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
   \`o O|	Internet: bdb at becker.UUCP, bruce at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
    \(")/	BitNet:   BECKER at HUMBER.BITNET
---mm-U-mm---	"The OSF is suffering from Penix envy" - Rocky Raccoon