Assembly or ....

Liber nevin1 at ihlpb.ATT.COM
Tue Dec 6 10:14:37 AEST 1988

[followups to comp.lang.misc]

In article <1432 at zen.co.uk> frank at zen.co.uk (Frank Wales) writes:

>Suppose you don't have a compiler.  Or an assembler.  Suppose you're writing
>these for a brand new processor -- what do you write them in?

I would write a cross-assembler (probably table-driven if I had to do
this sort of thing a lot) and an emulator on another machine.  If I
waited for the actual hardware to come out before I did any of my
software, I'd probably be out of business. :-)
--
NEVIN ":-)" LIBER  AT&T Bell Laboratories  nevin1 at ihlpb.ATT.COM  (312) 979-4751