Standard Indentation etc.

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Sun Dec 18 10:38:28 AEST 1988

In article <879 at quintus.UUCP> ok at quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
>...8 columns is _way_ too big for an indentation increment.
>The range recommended by everyone except C let's-torture-test-the-eyes
>hackers is two to five columns for an indentation increment.

8 columns is just fine for people who split up their code into functions
instead of cramming it all into giant monolithic lumps.  Don't view hitting
the right margin with 8-column indents as a sign of overly-big indents,
view it as a sign of overly-complex code that needs to be broken up.  I
find that this is *almost* always the right view, in hindsight.

[Boy, I can hear the afterburners lighting.  Fortunately, I'll be on
vacation in Australia by the time the flame war starts... :-) ]
--
"God willing, we will return." |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
-Eugene Cernan, the Moon, 1972 | uunet!attcan!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu