Standard Indentation etc.

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.uu.net
Tue Dec 20 06:22:43 AEST 1988

In article <888 at quintus.UUCP>, ok at quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
> In article <2477 at ficc.uu.net> peter at ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
> >In article <879 at quintus.UUCP>, ok at quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
> >> 8 columns is _way_ too big for an indentation increment.

> >Who said 8 columns? I said a tabstop. That can be anything you want.

> No it can't, not and expect other people to make sense of your files.

Yes it can, if you write the program in the expectation that tabs will
change. I change tabs on the fly as I edit my program depending on nesting
depth, line length, and other considerations. Thus I don't do things like:

	code				/* Comment */
	code code			/* Comment */
		code			/* Comment */
		code code code		/* Comment */

> Nope, if I have to _read_ your files, I'm going to use 'indent'.

Well, let me know when you actually see some.
Work: uunet.uu.net!ficc!peter, peter at ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180.
Home: bigtex!texbell!sugar!peter, peter at sugar.uu.net.