Standard Indentation etc.

-=/ Larry Hastings /=- funkstr at ucscb.UCSC.EDU
Fri Dec 23 12:47:31 AEST 1988

+-In article <2891 at uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU>, rwl at uvacs.cs.Virginia.EDU (Ray Lubinsky) wrote:-
+----------

| In article <879 at quintus.UUCP>, ok at quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe) writes:
| :
| > Where'd you get the hardware upgrade for the eyes?
| > 8 columns is _way_ too big for an indentation increment.
| > [deleted]
|
| Once you get used to 8 column indents, anything else looks like its not
| indented at all.  [deleted]
|
| --
|| Ray Lubinsky,                    UUCP:      ...!uunet!virginia!uvacs!rwl    |

+----------

  I don't understand what this is an issue at _all_.  Everyone should merely
indent all their source code, and then set the tabspace to whatever indentation
increment they want.  This option is available in most editors I can think of;
vi has it (:set ts=#), Emacs undoubtably has it SOMEWHERE, and even Sprint has
it (it's an editor variable, "tabsize", you can set it with [U]tilities/
[M]acros/[E]nter "tabsize = #").
  If it isn't in your editor, then OBVIOUSLY you need a new editor...*

--
|/|\|/|\|/||   _  _ _   _ |_| _  _ |_ -__  _  _ARPA: funkstr at ucscb.ucsc.EDU
  | |/| |/|L_ (_\( ( (_/  | |(_\_) (_ || )(_)_)UUCP: *!ucbvax!ucscb!funkstr
   \|/ \|/ larry      /   hastings        _/   WORK: sun!acad!metaware!funkster
MetaWare Incorporated   Disclaimer: It was a bad day.
"If any of your OSF force are caught or killed, the Secretary will deny any
 knowlege of your activities."  --from the new Mission: Impractical

* sarcasm