GROK THIS!!

Brian Moffet brianm at sco.COM
Tue Dec 6 04:58:41 AEST 1988

In article <14804 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <1803 at scolex> brianm at sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:
>>The book was "Red Planet" by Robert A. Heinlein.  Heinlein was
>
>I had only read Red Planet at most three times, but this did not
>agree with what I remembered, so I reread it last night.  While the
>sharing of the water of life and the (related) growing-together do
>occur in the book, nowhere does it use the word `grok'.  The only
>Martian words that appear are proper names (Gekko, K'boomch).

Chris is right.  I re-read the book after someone asked me to find it,
and indeed it wasn't there.  Teach me to trust my memory :-)

So, in front of all you people (you'll have to imagine this)

Open Mouth,
Put foot in mouth
zipper lips.

mbgpl ghourst nmplrs

--
Brian Moffet			{uunet,decvax!microsoft,ucscc}!sco!brianm
 -or-				...sco!alar!brian