C DATABASE (source!)

John Sambrook john at uw-nsr.UUCP
Sat Dec 17 00:34:30 AEST 1988

In article <225800100 at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>>I've noticed quite a few source postings in regular newsgroups
>>recently.  Usually they say something like "This just can't wait for
>><insert name of moderator> to get it up."
>
>>Is that a good excuse to post source to a discussion group?
>
>Yes. Absolutely.

Don't forget that postings to regular newsgroups may not be archived.
One nice feature of source newsgroups is that you at least have some
idea of where to start your search for latest version of the software
you want.

There is a lot to be said for order, and for the services provided
by the source newsgroup moderators.  Let's not circumvent their efforts.

John Sambrook                        Internet: john at nsr.bioeng.washington.edu
University of Washington RC-05           UUCP: uw-nsr!john
Seattle, Washington  98195               Dial: (206) 548-4386