Assembly or ....

David Goodenough dg at lakart.UUCP
Fri Dec 2 02:33:15 AEST 1988

>From article <21440 at apple.Apple.COM>, by desnoyer at Apple.COM (Peter Desnoyers):
>  There is no natural divide-type operation mapping (real,real) ->
> (real,integer). The operation mentioned was either poorly defined, or
> merely consisted of:
>   convert a, b to int
>   div a,b -> int quotient, remainder
>   convert remainder to float

I disagree. I think there is nothing at all "unnatural" with doing

5.7 / 2.1 = 2 remainder 1.5,

And in some applications it can be potentially very useful (accounting for one)
--
	dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+
							| +-+-+
	....... !harvard!xait!lakart!dg			+-+-+ |
AKA:	dg%lakart.uucp at harvard.harvard.edu	  	  +---+