Two more common C compiler bugs

Lawrence V. Cipriani lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM
Mon Dec 5 02:06:23 AEST 1988

In article <1988Dec3.221300.28890 at utzoo.uucp> henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>In article <2432 at cbnews.ATT.COM> lvc at cbnews.ATT.COM (Lawrence V. Cipriani) writes:
>>	struct a
>>	{
>>		int b, c, d /* ; */
>>	};
>
>Uh, why is failing to compile this a bug?  The semicolon is not optional.

The bug was in the compilers that accepted it.  The UTS(r) C compiler was
correct in rejecting it.  I must say the error handling was atrocious, about
24 lines of rubbish.  Sorry for the confusion.

UTS is a trademark of Amdahl Corporation.

--
Larry Cipriani, AT&T Network Systems, Columbus OH,