What's a good textbook?

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Tue Feb 16 10:54:22 AEST 1988

In article <184 at mccc.UUCP>, pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
>                                      What I meant was that a text book
> can be written so that it includes many good examples, each of which i
> sexplained thoroughly.

Try Stephen Kochan's book "Programming in C" from Hayden Books.  As a
matter of fact, Hayden has a "Hayden Books Unix System Library," which
is edited by Kochan and Pat Wood, all of which I have found useful.
I've heard there is a book on Unix communications in this series which
I am still looking for.  I heartily recommend any book in this series
that you might need.  Titles include:

	Exploring the Unix System (intro to Sys V)
	Programming in C (intro to C, Unix flavored)
	Unix System Security (make the best of what you've got)
	Unix Shell Programming (sh, csh, and ksh - the only way to
		fly)
	Unix System Administration (the only way I kept my system
		going in the first few weeks!)

--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!utah-gr!