The D Programming Language (was: Still more new operators)

David Collier-Brown daveb at geac.UUCP
Sat Feb 13 01:30:45 AEST 1988

In article <243 at eagle_snax.UUCP> gpollice at eagle_snax.UUCP ( Sun ECD Software) writes:
| Actually, the last project course at the late Wang Institute developed
| a compiler and editor for the D language called Turbo-D.  The D language
| we used was taken from Dijkstra's guarded command language in his book
| "A Discipline of Programming."  ...
| The language had some other features, including non-determinate selection
| of guards for loops and conditional statements.  The project was fun, the
| language was useful, and the compiler was fast.

  Can you find out if it can be posted?  I'd like a (V)HLL like the
Dijkstra language to write hard, complex but non-machine-related
things in.  A (M)HLL like P would be nice too (:-)).

 --dave
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor yunexus utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its