comma operator

Frank Swarbrick swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
Sat Feb 6 10:37:49 AEST 1988

In article <1434 at sugar.UUCP> peter at sugar.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
:In article <3887 at sigi.Colorado.EDU>, swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU (SWARBRICK FRANCIS JOHN) writes:
:> #define swap(a,b) ((a) = ((b) = ((a) = (a) ^ (b)) ^ (b)) ^ (a))
:
:It is dependent on order of evaluation of assignments. It might work on your
:compiler, but it's not guaranteed.
:
:What does "inline" do if you get it to inline a swap routine?

(I'm still recovering from the extreme embarrassment of posting this in the
first place...)

Anyway, I don't know.  What is "inline"?

Frank Swarbrick (and his cat)
swarbric at tramp.UUCP               swarbric at tramp.Colorado.EDU
...!{hao|nbires}!boulder!tramp!swarbric
    "No one can hear when you're Screaming in Digital!"