"Noalias" warning and questions

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Mon Feb 22 06:31:28 AEST 1988

In article <10055 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com>, cjc at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Chris Calabrese[rs]) writes:
> We're not trying to create another ada, are we?

All languages designed by committe look like Ada.  If you don't
believe this, look at a book on Algol-68, or ANSI standardized PL/1
(the full implementation, not the G subset that everyone with a brain
actually produces a compiler for).  Look at FORTRAN-88.  It would
appear that committees cannot produce a working language that has less
than 5,000 largely unused and unwanted mis-features.

--
    /\              -  "Against Stupidity,  -    {backbones}!
   /\/\  .    /\    -  The Gods Themselves  -  utah-cs!utah-gr!