Why I won't use ANSI C

The Invisible Man jsb at actnyc.UUCP
Tue Feb 23 01:54:19 AEST 1988

In article <907 at micomvax.UUCP> ray at micomvax.UUCP (Ray Dunn) writes:
}In article <5222 at utah-cs.UUCP> donn at utah-cs.UUCP (Donn Seeley) writes:
}>                                                          (PS -- In
}>case it wasn't obvious, I don't represent the University of Utah or
}>Berkeley Unix any more than Doug represents the ANSI C committee.)
}               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
}
}Folks, I think the above point is exceedingly important.  Doug has set
}*himself* up as the "spokesman" of the ANSII committee, and to a major
}extent it is *irrelevant* if he posts a contradiction to your views on
}whatever your pet gripe happens to be.  His view is only that, his view!  It
[ more Doug bashing deleted ]

As a member of the ANSI C committee, let me point out that I have seen no
misrepresentations of the committee in anything posted by Doug to this
group.  Quite the contrary; Doug is always careful to clearly distinguish
those points which *may* not be the position of the committee.

--

				jim [missing right bracket in expression

				(uunet!actnyc!jsb)