sizeof(function) - preproposal survey

Johan Vromans jv at mhres.mh.nl
Wed Feb 17 19:55:46 AEST 1988

In article <11801 at brl-adm.ARPA> LINNDR%VUENGVAX.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>I need some help from the readers of comp.lang.c/info-c in preparation
>for making a proposal to X3J11. The gist of my proposal is that the
>sizeof operator, when applied to a function name, would return the
>length of the function rather than the size of a pointer to a function.

What is the length of a function? Its size in bytes? Source lines? Before
or after cpp? Object code? Instructions?

And what use of this length?

--
Johan Vromans                              | jv at mh.nl via European backbone
Multihouse N.V., Gouda, the Netherlands    | uucp: ..{uunet!}mcvax!mh.nl!jv