Help: TurboC: Too Much Global Data!

Miek Rowan aja at i.cc.purdue.edu
Wed Feb 17 01:58:05 AEST 1988

In article <218 at oink.UUCP>, jep at oink.UUCP (James E. Prior) writes:
> In article <849 at silver.bacs.indiana.edu> regoli at silver.bacs.indiana.edu (michael regoli) writes:
	....deleted text ....
> >linker error seems to occur regardless of the memory model used.
>
> I had this problem also last summer (Version 1.0).  I called the Borland
> folks.  They told me what was wrong and how to cope with it.  The problem
> is Borland's tlink.  The solution that the Borland folks recommended is
> to use a recent version of Microsoft's link.  I did and it worked.  Keep
> in mind that without using tlink, you have to use command line mode

hahahahahha...."Gee, we have this kick compiler, of course the whole thing
doesnt work right so you'll have to use our competitions linker."

Mind you, I have turbo (is there *anyone* who doesn't have a copy) but
if I had heard Borland tell me that on the phone, I would have
died.  So have they gotten around to fixing their own linker???

miek