Looking for recommendations on IBM-PC 'C' communications libraries.

Andy Patrick patrick at crcmar.crc.uucp
Fri Feb 26 08:48:55 AEST 1988

Can anyone out there make recommendations for a 'C' library for modem
communications in an IBM-PC/XT/AT.  I am looking for the following
features:

o  Ability to control Hayes-type modems.
o  set-up for auto-answer, and reset if Carrier Detect is lost.
o  supports time limits for individual users, and limits for pauses
   between key presses.
o  allows for system operator monitoring during calls.
o  compatible with a variety of compilers (i.e., MSC 4.0, 5.0; Turbo C;
   Lattice C).
o  source (and object) code.

I am aware of two such packages (ESI and Greenleaf) but I have not seen
either one.  Does anyone have comments on these, or others you would
recommend?  Are there any PD packages available?

Andrew Patrick, Ph.D.
Communications Research Center, Ottawa
   INTERNET:  patrick at crcmar.uucp
   UUCP:  ... uunet!mnetor!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!crcmar!patrick
   BITNET: patrick%crcmar at UTORGPU