MSC Danger (was Re: Turbo C vs Quick C)

William Phillips wfp at dasys1.UUCP
Sat Feb 13 16:03:23 AEST 1988

In article <567 at naucse.UUCP>, wew at naucse.UUCP (Bill Wilson) writes:
> Turbo C is superior to Quick C.  On our campus here we have also
> had Quick C blow away hard drives, so be careful.

I know of a case where MSC (4.0 I think) utterly scrambled a hard drive
(not backed up, natch), when a module compiled with one memory model was
linked with modules compiled with a different model.  I've forgotten the
exact details, but I saw what was left of the directories after the
program was run -- total garbage.  So watch out for that one!

--
William Phillips                 {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix           {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!wfp