C/dbx problem under Ultrix 2.0

Jack Morrison jackm at devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV
Sat Feb 13 01:29:09 AEST 1988

In article <881 at ima.ISC.COM> marc at symetrx.UUCP writes:
>While hacking with some source the other day, I discovered some strangeness
>in dbx given a couple different variations of the following program:
>
>main()
>{
>  static struct foo_t { char *a,*b; } foo[] = {
>    "foo", "bar",
>    "hello", "world",
>    "what's", "up",
>  };
>  printf("%s %s\n",foo[1].a,foo[2].b);
>}

Sorry to post, but mail address was not known.

Did you try declaring foo[] correctly, as in

  static struct foo_t { char *a,*b; } foo[] = {
    { "foo", "bar" },
    { "hello", "world" },
    { "what's", "up" }
  };

??? Many compilers won't accept it the way you've shown.
What that has to do with dbx, though...

--
Jack C. Morrison	Jet Propulsion Laboratory
(818)354-1431		jackm at jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov
"The paycheck is part government property, but the opinions are all mine."