The D Programming Language (was: Still more new operators)

Charles Daffinger cdaf at iuvax.UUCP
Mon Feb 22 08:47:38 AEST 1988

In article <2718 at mmintl.UUCP> franka at mmintl.UUCP (Frank Adams) writes:

>Any serious effort to design a successor to C (which does not attempt to be
>upward compatible) should first consider what should be taken out and/or
>done differently.  Adding new things is secondary.

[lots of oh, so familiar changes which just don't look like C...]

I think the language you want was already designed by Nicolas Wirth:  Pascal.

-charles

--
Charles Daffinger          \  Take me to the river  /            (812) 339-7354
Box 1662                    \ drop me in the water /  cdaf at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Bloomington, IN 47402-1662            {pur-ee,rutgers,pyramid,ihnp4}!iuvax!cdaf
Home of the Whitewater mailing list:    whitewater-request at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu