Still more new operators (was: == vs =)

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Sun Jan 31 22:08:23 AEST 1988

In article <2411 at haddock.ISC.COM>, karl at haddock.ISC.COM (Karl Heuer) writes:
> In article <9998 at ccicpg.UUCP> nick at ccicpg.UUCP (Nick Crossley) writes:
> >While we are inventing other types of and syntax for assignment

Sperry (pre-Unisys days) used to have a Pascal-like compiler for some
of their cluster controllers that supported the :=: operator, which
swapped the two values surrounding it.  I do not know what it returned
as a value.  (i.e., `a :=: b' was equivalent to `swap(a, b)').

	Wes Peters
	{ihnp4, seismo}!utah-cs!utah-gr!uplherc!sp7040!obie!wes