Should I convert FORTRAN code to C?

Dave Caswell dc at gcm
Sat Jun 11 23:46:35 AEST 1988

In article <225800036 at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu> mcdonald at uxe.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
.
.I do believe that all this concern over functions in C is misplaced.
.atan, atan2(y,x), sinh, cosh, tanh, exp, log, log10, pow(x,y), sqrt,
.and a few lesser ones. These certainly CAN be made inline if the compiler
.is smart enough. On my PC, I found after a quick check that only fabs
.was inline, but I didnt test all of them. I am ASSUMING of course that

Is it true that some compilers generate inline code for strcpy, fabs
and a host of other functions?  How does the compiler know that I will
be linking with the standard library?  Does ANSI C allows compilers to
"know" what these functions mean?  I wasn't aware that any of those functions
were part of the C language.  Specifically, does my SUN cc reserve any of
these symbols?

Please respond by email.
--
Dave Caswell
Greenwich Capital Markets                             uunet!philabs!gcm!dc