Trigraphs and Pragmas

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Wed Jun 1 05:40:24 AEST 1988

In article <6757 at cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> beckenba at cit-vax.UUCP (Joe Beckenbach) writes:
>1- Where can I order the ANSI C standard?

There is no standard yet.  Public review draft copies can be obtained
from Global Engineering Press.  The third (and hopefully last) formal
public review draft should be at the printers by now; contact the X3
Secretariat of CBEMA for official information about this (and please
post what you find out, if it hasn't already been posted).
	X3 (CBEMA): (202)737-8888

>3- Who are the best people to circulate this sort of "standard #pragma" ideas,
>	and will there be a standardized #pragma library available?

The X3J11 committee does not wish to serve as a #pragma clearing house.
I think some of the committee members are interested in setting one up,
though.

>4- And how long until the first completely ANSI, non-pre-ANSI C will be out?

Obviously this depends on the availability of the wording for the
final, official standard.  That cannot happen before the end of
August, 1988.  It is likely to be substantively the same as the
third formal public review draft, but nobody is guaranteeing that.