Variable dimensioning in fortran (now in C)

Steve Wampler sbw at naucse.UUCP
Mon Jun 27 23:38:16 AEST 1988

>From article <527 at philmds.UUCP>, by leo at philmds.UUCP (Leo de Wit):
> In article <749 at naucse.UUCP> rrr at naucse.UUCP (Bob Rose ) writes:
>>Close, but ...  I assume you are using calloc to zero the array, but
>>the whole world is not a VAX. Try:
>>
>> [Bob's example using malloc() deleted]
>
> What makes you think calloc() is VAX-specific? I checked with K&R:

.
I'm pretty sure Bob was not worried about calloc() existing, just that
it may do the wrong thing.  The bit pattern for 0.0 is not all 0 bits
on all machines.  What's needed is an falloc()  (filled alloc()), where
the value to fill (and the size, I suppose) are passed as arguments.
.
.
.
.