VAX (VMS) C / strangeness (serious bug?) w/ prototypes and floats

Karl Heuer karl at haddock.ISC.COM
Wed Jun 1 07:49:23 AEST 1988

In article <3616 at ece-csc.UUCP> jnh at ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) writes:
>I have now nailed down the problem.  I'm not sure I would characterize it as
>a bug, but I would characterize it as a deficiency.  [A function was declared
>twice, once with a prototype and once with an old-style declaration.  The
>second one overrode the first.]

I believe that it is a bug, according to the dpANS specification.  As I read
it, the new rules apply as long as there is any prototype in scope--having a
non-prototype declaration also in scope doesn't change that.