curses

allan krantz al at uniblab.UUCP
Tue Jun 14 10:09:57 AEST 1988

   I'm trying to do some things with curses and so far
   what I have looks a little funny.  I'm using
   the curses with ZENIX 386 2.2.2.

   I have two windows.  They are both the full width
   of the screen.  The lower window is four lines high
   and the upper window takes what ever is left.
   I want to display some text from a file in the upper window
   and be able to scroll one line at a time.  I have tried
   several things but always end up with the same result.
   The entire screen scrolls, the bottom window is pushed
   back down where it should be, and the new text line
   shows up where it should be.  The unpleasent result is,
   when the user hits the scroll key rapidly, the bottom
   window jiggles up and down.

     If you can help me get things in one window to scroll
   without the other window moving, I would appreciate it.
   Please email any response.

     Thanks

       uunet!uniblab!pebbles!al