"%#s"?

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.UUCP
Thu Jun 2 23:59:13 AEST 1988

Once upon a time I implemented a printf in Fortran to make it easier to
convert some 'C' stuff to ratfor. I included a format that is rather
handy, based on Fortran 'T' format:

	%t

What %t does is move around in the output. %10t means move to location
10. %-10t means move back 10 spaces. %+10t means move forward 10 spaces.
%*t means move to the location specified by the next argument.

For generating table output with complex elements it was wonderful:

	printf("%s.%s%32t%-10d%s\n", filename, ext, size, owner);
--
-- Peter da Silva, Ferranti International Controls Corporation.
-- Phone: 713-274-5180. Remote UUCP: uunet!nuchat!sugar!peter.