Let's define our own NULL

Barnacle Wes wes at obie.UUCP
Tue Jun 28 11:23:14 AEST 1988

In article <8147 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> P.S. In response to the original article:  No, one needn't include
> <stdio.h> just to define NULL.  You can define your own, or just use 0.
> If stdio is going to be used in the application anyway, there is no
> real cost associated with including <stdio.h> unnecessarily, but it IS
> rather silly to do so.

Or, if you have one of those infinitely programmable text editors, you
can set up your editor `init' or `rc' file to automagically insert

#define NULL ((void *) 0)

anytime is has to CREATE a new file with the extension `.c'.  Easy,
huh?
--
  {uwmcsd1, hpda}!sp7040!obie!wes  | "If I could just be sick, I'd be fine."
	+1 801 825 3468	           |          -- Joe Housely --