Another \"D\" idea: RPN (and more)

ELIN Forsch.z. rcvie at tuvie
Fri Mar 4 20:40:08 AEST 1988

In article <12088 at brl-adm.ARPA> TLIMONCE%DREW.BITNET at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>I'm really excited about the idea of a "D" programming language. Let me
>make a suggest or two:
> ... RPN ... [no] pointers ...

I hope you did not really mean that! Even HP had to change to an algebraic
input as people really disliked the polish input, stack handling, etc.
And pointers give the C programmer one of the most powerful means [s]he has
to develop efficient code. Who is not able to use pointers correctly should
better try BASIC or stay away from programming at all.

>  Tom Limoncelli | Drew U/Box 1060/Madison NJ 07940 | tlimonce at drew.BITNET
>      Disclaimer: These are my views, not my employer or Drew Univesity
Does your employer know them?

			Dietmar Weickert,
				ALCATEL-ELIN Research Center, Vienna, Austria.