nasty evil pointers

00704a-Liber nevin1 at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Sat Mar 12 09:54:38 AEST 1988

In article <13100003 at bucc2> brian at bucc2.UUCP writes:
>It would be nice if we could check every pointer as it was used...

This seems to be more of a job for the OS than for the language.  If you try to
check every single use of pointers, you end up with a language like Pascal
:-).  I don't mind the checking of pointers as long as it doesn't interfere
with the efficiency that those of us who program in C have come to love :-).
Also, if the pointer checks find an error, I would like it to transfer control
to an error-handling section of my program so that I could either try to
recover or go down *gracefully* (saving calculated data, etc.).
--
 _ __			NEVIN J. LIBER	..!ihnp4!ihlpf!nevin1	(312) 510-6194
' )  )				"The secret compartment of my ring I fill