What is NULL? (argument passong on evil machines)

Jay Maynard jay at splut.UUCP
Sun Mar 6 01:10:14 AEST 1988

>From article <2008 at ho95e.ATT.COM>, by wcs at ho95e.ATT.COM (Bill.Stewart):
> If you compile one
> subroutine using one memory model (e.g. on Microslow C 5.0),
> and another subroutine using another memory model, will they be
> linked together properly (or at least refuse to link), or will
> the compiler quietly link together routines with different-sized
> pointers from different memory models?

Here's another one tha Microport got right in System V/AT.

If you compile modules with different memory models, and then try to link
them together, you get an error message complaining about "bad magic
number".
Yes, I know that it's cryptic, but at least it's documented (somewhere) that
this means you're trying to mix memory models.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | GEnie: JAYMAYNARD  CI$: 71036,1603
uucp: {uunet!nuchat,academ!uhnix1,{ihnp4,bellcore,killer}!tness1}!splut!jay